Recently there has been much discussion on what software should be provided and installed with the differnet package sets and media.
I'll try to explain the the options listed below.
The first set of options determine if and when a package is installed.
- BASE packages are always installed.
- FULL packages are only installed when a FULL installation is chosen.
- EXTRA packages are never automatically installed.
(They are provided for user convenience and in the future will probably be located on a BONUS CD.)
- ONLINE packages are not on any release media. They are available through the Online Software Repository.
There are two additional options with a different meaning.
- LIVE. This box should be checked if the package should be ready to use when booting the LiveCD.
- FLOPPY. The packages that are provided by the Floppy Only distribution. Here less is better than more. Nobody wants to write or swap 150+ floppy diskettes to install FreeDOS.